Implants solve missing teeth problems by replacing the form and function of lost natural teeth. The dental implant treatment starts even before the actual placement of the implants into the jawbone. At the Dental Implant Group in London, you will be guided in every step of the implants treatment to make sure that you are informed of what each step is all about.
Given below are the steps you can expect from a dental implant treatment. These steps apply to standard dental implant placement, as there is a faster treatment method called 1 day implants (or same day implants).
- Initial Consultation – This step includes a thorough evaluation of your implant needs, and your eligibility for the implant treatment. Images of your remaining teeth (if any), jawbone anatomy, and oral cavity will be taken to help in the planning of successful implant treatment. After the treatment plan has been formulated, the steps involved will then be discussed with you; you will also be encouraged to ask questions so you can have a clearer idea of what the implant treatment will be like.
- Placement of Implants – The implants will surgically be placed on the jawbone to replace the form and function of missing teeth. If an advanced treatment such as bone grafting is needed, this will also be carried out to complete the dental implant placement. The surgical procedure will be done while you are under conscious sedation.
- Healing Period – A period of three months or longer can be expected to allow conventional dental implants to integrate with the jawbone tissue. However, in the case of mini implants – the implant system can immediately be used without the need for a healing period after the implant placement.
- Restorative Phase – Creating the teeth restorations (such as dental crowns, a dental bridge, or dentures) will be done after the healing period. The implants will be uncovered, and the corresponding teeth restorations will be attached to the dental implants.
- Maintenance and Aftercare – Implants and the teeth restorations will need to be properly cleaned and cared for, to ensure their long-term healthy function. Good oral hygiene and regular visits to the dentist will be needed so that the implants can be checked on a regular basis.
#dentalimplantsteps #samedaydentalimplantsuk #implantdentist